This is a wonderfully light dish. The lemon can be substituted for orange and it’s brilliant. It makes for a lovely spring or summer meal with a lovely side salad, stir-fried greens or asparagus.Ingredients
- 2 1/2 lbs of white fish, skin and bones removed for comfort
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh or dried tarragon leaves, I grew, dried and ground my own because it grew like a weed in my herb garden
- ¼coconut oil (refined has no coconut flavor), or avocado oil, more if neededdash of salt and pepper
- Optional- ½ cup coconut milk, adds a lovely texture and flavor
- Optional-bake and garnish with a few capers
Variation: Gut-repair friendly
- Substitute orange for the lemon and add ½ tsp of orange zest to sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, if using a thicker white fish like Halibut increase oven temp to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend well.
3. Place fish side by side in a glass or ceramic backing dish, ideally with a cover and cover with sauce.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fish is tender and flaky
Serve on a bed of gently wilted (steamed) spinach or with cauliflower rice or both!