- 1 small-medium celery root, scrubbed and cubed (don’t need to peel unless you desire). If you’ve never purchased and consumed this before it’s appearance may surprise you. It resembles a root alien and it’s flavor is incredible!
- 1 meium-large parsnip, chopped
- 1 small-medium rutabaga, chopped
- 1 burdock root, peeled and chopped
- 1 small-medium turnip, chopped
- 1 medium yellow beet, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, or as needed for consistency
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut butter (optional)
- ½ cup coconut keifer (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup parsley for garnish
- Add a fennel bulb to the mix, excellent for digestion and perfect for gut repair.
- Pepper to taste, but not technically gut repair.
- Scrub and chop all roots. How you chop them isn’t important because you will puree in the end.
- Steam all roots until fork-tender.
- Add everything, including oil, to food processor or blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in batches.
- Optional garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve as a substitute for whipped potatoes.