Last week we discussed more natural ways to distribute Glutathione throughout your body, and now I will get into details of using Glutathione supplements to help reverse the aging process.
The best source is via IV push, where it is injected into a vein. But don’t panic, there is another way – the second best source is in the form of Liposomal. This delivery system is a liquid that you take orally and hold under your tongue for about 20-30 seconds before swallowing. Do not eat any food for at least 20-30 minutes after you drink it.
**Buyer Beware! Glutathione in pill form is hardly useable.**
My favorite brands are Quicksilver Scientific and ReadiSorb.
How to take Glutathione: When taking a Liposomal Glutathione supplement it’s best taken on an empty stomach at least 20-30 minutes before a meal. Hold it under your tongue for 20-30 seconds then swallow. You can take it with a little water. I usually recommend people begin with one teaspoon twice a day and individualize from there. Qucksilver Scientific dosing is 4 squirts, 1-2 times per day.
Don’t be alarmed, as some products may smell and taste strongly of sulfur. Quicksilver Scientifics doesn’t, and their product is formulated to be quite potent. Other products that have a strong sulfur taste may not be as absorbable or as good for you.
Some brands contain phospholipids, derived from soy, but there is no soy protein and science shows it does not trigger immune reactions in soy sensitive individuals, nor is it goitrogenic or estrogenic. An IV push can be done by a skilled naturopath versed in administering via this method. I highly recommend IV pushes in the beginning stages of gut repair to get quick antioxidant support that will bypass any digestive challenges in absorption.
Glutathione is made up of sulfur-like compounds that support your body in detoxifying naturally. This is another way you can slow the aging process. The fewer toxins, heavy metals, pharmaceutical, pesticide residues and xenoestrogens you accumulate in your tissues the better. We all have a certain amount of toxic load. In my practice, I’ve used Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis to identify the root of symptoms and dis-ease patterns – I’ve found that just about every person who has symptoms of illness is lacking in Glutathione.
Symptoms such as:
Epstein Barr Virus
Digestive and Gut Challenges (you don’t have to have explosive diarrhea to have gut problems, having fewer than 2 bowel movements a day or gas and bloating are strong signs)
Muscle fatigue and soreness
Here is what Glutathione can do for you:
- Supports your liver, kidneys and intestines, all important organs of detoxification, to clear heavy metals as well as many other harmful toxins, thus reducing oxidative stress and the effects of aging.
- Prevents oxidative stress induced diseases.
- Supports your brain as you age, so not only will you look younger but your brain will work better.
- Regenerates other antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Supports immune function, especially proper functioning of your white blood cells and T cell Lymphocytes, necessary to avoid things like cancer and autoimmune disease. If you have autoimmune issues, Glutathione is a key support!
- Decreases inflammation and thereby prevents many diseases.
- Supports athletic recovery by reducing the effects of oxidative stress that occurs after endurance sports or any workout lasting longer than 1 hour.
- Increases athletic performance.
- Might help rid you of gray hair.
- Improves your skin.
There are thousands of scientific studies on oxidative stress and the benefits of Glutathione about it’s positive impact on aging and disease prevention. Please consider adding more sulfur-rich foods to your diet as well as a potent Liposomal Glutathione to experience both looking and feeling younger.
Please post your comments and questions on my Facebook page – I look forward to hearing from you.
Blessings of Vibrant Health,
Kristin Grayce McGary