This tangy and creamy raw surprise will truly delight your taste buds! Being raw means that it is full of enzymatically active live nutrients. It nourishes your body and mind with a lovely balance of healthy protein, fats, and carbohydrates. This dessert is most appropriate in the spring and summer but can be beneficial for certain constitutions throughout the year. The original crust is made with nuts and dates, neither of which are gut-repair friendly, so I dropped the crust and was delighted with the outcome. Our family loves it!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 avocados, sliced in half, pitted and scooped out right into the food processor
- 2 teaspoons liquid vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut milk (I prefer full fat from the can or make your own with coconut meat and water)
- 5 drops of stevia or to taste
- ½Ȉ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons lecithin (or an additional 2 tablespoons coconut oil)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
Combine lime juice, avocados, salt, stevia, coconut milk, and vanilla and blend in food processor until creamy.
Taste test to determine if you need more lime, more stevia, or more avocado if it’s too tart.
Melt coconut oil and butter but don’t cook itȉnot too hotȉand add to the processor with lecithin and blend until incorporated and smooth.
Add to dessert dishes or ramekins and refrigerate for about 2Ȉ3 hours. Serve chilled, garnished with a slice of lime.