HEALTHY HOLIDAY TREAT HACK!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Raw, Vegan, Keto, and Paleo all in one!
The holidays are here, the New Year is just around the corner, and it’s time to celebrate with friends
and family, but what treat can you make that will satisfy everyone’s dietary restrictions?
I’d like to share one of my favorite Holiday Dessert Hacks with you so you can have a stress-free, fun,
and delicious celebration that leaves your friends and family begging for more.
Decide on some nuts you love… It’s ideal to soak and dehydrate them, but if you don’t have the time or
patience it’s ok. In case you do; Almonds need 12 hours, Brazil nuts 5-7, Cashews 5-7, Wild jungle
peanuts 5-7 (although some say the softer nuts don’t need any soaking), pecans 5-7 hours, walnuts 5-
7 hours. I do often soak nuts all night just for convenience. I dehydrate them at 105 degrees F. until
they are crunchy again. I often add pink sea salt to them.
1 1/2 cups Brazil nuts (depends on quantity you desire, you will want left-overs, I promise)
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut butter (I like Artisana brand)
2 Tbsp cacao butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup goji berries soaked (save the water and drink it up! Supports the Liver and the eyes!)
½ cup cacao nibs (if you want more crunch, or omit, up to you)
1 Tbsp vanilla liquid
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt or other good non-bleached sea salt
Optional sweeteners: Pick One or a tiny bit of two: stevia liquid (I like vanilla crème), monk fruit powder,
coconut syrup/nectar, honey, maple syrup, date paste ( made by putting pitted dates into food
processor and processing until they form a ball of gooh. I would use 4-8 dates for this recipe and
prepare it before I process the nuts).
Options: Pick one ore two from below, play with new things!
1 Tbsp raw wheat grass powder
1 teaspoon raw spirulina, chlorella (cell wall cracked), or any green powder like barley grass or alf alfa 1Tbsp roasted maca (please don’t use raw, this herb must be cooked to release it’s adaptogenic
properties, you can roast it on your stove top in a frying pan, it takes just a few minutes.)
1 tsp or empty 2 capsules of ashwaghanda
1/2 tsp ginger powder or more to taste if you please
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp raw vanilla powder
dash of cayenne pepper- if you like spice
1-2 drops of orange essential oil or peppermint or rose…the sky is the limit, but not more than one
essential oil or it will be overpowering.
1. In a food processor blend together dates, if this is your sweetener of choice, if not then omit this step.
2. Remove the ball of date paste and then blend the nuts in food processor.
3. Next add soaked goji berries and date paste if you have decided to use it as a sweetener.
4. Add cacao powder, melted coconut butter, coconut oil, cocao butter, other sweetener if you didn’t
choose date paste, any herbs, spices and essential oils you desire. Process in food processor until
blended and smooth. It will be thick, not creamy.
5. Next get a melon-ball scooper and scoop out balls of the cacao ecstasy. Use your hands to shape
6. Roll them in cacao nibs, pressing the nibs into them. Place in a glass container and freeze. Best if
you don’t stack them until they are already chilled.
7. Chill in freezer for at least an hour but you can prepare them in advance and keep them in freezer
overnight or even a week!
8. Remove them about 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve them. Or you can store them in the
refrigerator for easy eating access.