Preparation time- 5 minutes
- 2 cups milk alternative-I prefer the thick, full fat can of coconut milk ( after gut repair you can also use almond, brazil nut, hemp)
- 2 heaping teaspoon of gluten free carob powder
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon of raw vanilla bean powder, or scrape the inside of a vanilla bean or add vanilla extract
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops stevia- or to taste (I like Sweet Leaf brand vanilla cream flavor) or Monk Fruit to taste Optional Kudzu root as a healthy alternative thickener. It is great for digestion! Mix 1 heaping teaspoon into the milk alternative and stir well for about 4 minutes on high temperature, see below.
- Optional (not gut repair friendly for the first 2 months)
- Substitute raw cacao powder for carob
1. Heat milk alternative on the stove and add optional kudzu root, heat to high and stir well for 4 full minutes. If it starts to boil then decrease the temp slightly and keep stirring. If you aren’t using kudzu root then heat the milk and move to the final step.
2. Next, add all other ingredients and either whisk until blended or use a hand blender to mix all the ingredients. I find that a hand blender helps the carob integrate with the milk better than a wisk. Serve warm and enjoy