- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons avocado or grapeseed oil ·
- 1/2 onion, chopped ·
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped ·
- 1 cup fresh spinach ·
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained or 1 ½ cup chopped tomatos ·
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Italian seasoning to taste (oregano, rosemary, thyme) ½ cup basil, chiffonade ·
- garlic powder to taste ·
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap the peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven. Remove from heat.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach until tender. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and basil. Stuff the peppers with the skillet mixture.
4. Return the stuffed peppers to the oven, and continue cooking for 15 minutes. And enjoy—without any regrets!
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and Garnish with chopped parsley