- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped (I’m using dehydrated lobster mushrooms that I harvested, but shitake or button would be perfect)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and boned
- 2 Tbs. almond extract
- roux made with kudzu root powder or arrowroot powder
- coconut milk or coconut keifer
- slivered almonds
- Option: 1 cup asperagus-tips trimmed and cut into 1 inch sections
- Option: 1 cup broccoli
- 1 clove garlic minced
Saute celery, onion, peas, garlic, and mushrooms in coconut oil or avocado oil. Add chicken stock, chicken, white pepper, and almond extract. Thicken with gluten free roux .
For roux: Add 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder or 1 ½ Tbsp kudzu root to a ¼ cup water Whisk until smooth. Cook another minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Add coconut milk or coconut keifer to bring to desired consistency. Garnish with slivered almonds sprinkled over each serving
This recipe is easy to double or triple for guests or left-overs!