- 4 chicken breasts or 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (unless you love the skin, then keep it) – baked either whole or cube meat
Roasted Broccoli and Zucchini
- 4 cups broccoli florets loosely measured, about 10 oz
- 4 cups zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil, avocado oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasonings
Optional ( not gut repair friendly, use after
- 2-4 months of gut repair) 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or after 2-4 months of gut repair use Almond or Brazil nut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice less if you don’t want a dominant lemon flavor
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets, about 2 heaping cups
- salt and pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
2.On the baking sheet, combine broccoli, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt, and toss to combine. Spread the broccoli and zucchini in a single layer.
3.Roast broccoli and zucchini stirring halfway through, for 15 minutes or until broccoli and zucchini is crisp-tender and beginning to lightly brown.
4.Remove from oven and set aside. Optional- Stir fry mushrooms separately and add at the end.
1.Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
2.Once hot, add in 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
3.Slowly whisk in coconut milk, vegetable broth, and lemon juice and bring it to a simmer.
4.Once simmering, add in chopped cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
5.Simmer the cauliflower for about 7-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft.
6.Remove from the heat and carefully pour the mixture into your high powdered blender.
7.Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour sauce over broccoli, zucchini and chicken, serve warm
The sauce does dry out as time goes by, which is why I made extra sauce for this recipe. Add more sauce as you see fit!