Butternuts Bisque Soup
Keto, Paleo, Vegan Friendly
- 1 butternut squash (medium size or two small ones), Don’t peel, wash well, seed and cube.
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2-4 cups chicken or veggie broth depending on how large your squash is you may need more
- 1-2 large apple (fuji or gala or granny smith best- OMIT if on Keto)
- 1-2 can coconut milk (found in the Thai section of grocery store)
amount you add depends on how large your squash is and how thick you desire your bisque. I tend to use 1 can and keep it thicker consistency.
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley to garnish
- Wash, seed, and cube squash and chop onion. Peel and dice ginger.
- In a large soup pot, cook squash, onion and ginger in broth. Broth should just touch most of the squash, not be completely submerged.
- Cook until squash is almost tender. Add apple (omit if keto) and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Puree in Vita-mix or food processor. You may have to do this in batches depending on the quantity you are preparing.
- Return puree to soup pot, add the can of coconut milk, salt and pepper and heat on high for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, then turn the heat off.
Serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley.